- Nuclear Qualified Splicing Tape
- Used in safety related and/or harsh environments.
- Commercial Grade Splicing Tape
- Used in demanding commercial, industrial, aviation and military applications.
- Commercial Grade NukeGoop
- NukeGoop is produced from a compound similar to the UCI-C004XS NukeTape®. This product is a conformable material used for filling air gaps and uneven surfaces underneath the splicing tape wraps.
NukeTape ® is used for insulating virtually any splice or terminal within both mild and harsh environments. Our tape adheres only to itself and begins vulcanization instantly when installed. Without applying any heat, it becomes fully bonded within 24 hours. The quick sealing feature is beneficial for critical repairs because the NukeTape® can be put to use immediately for a simpler, faster and easier fix. Leaving no residue behind, NukeTape® can be removed at any time with a utility knife.Click here to view the brochure.
Click here to view NukeTape SDS
Click here to view NukeGoop SDS
- NukeTape® survives the grueling qualification testing required by the nuclear industry.
- NukeTape® is capable of insulating virtually any splice or terminal within both mild and harsh environments without any additional or special jacketing. The tape is oil and sand resistant, and it can be completely immersed in water without any absorption.
Goes on EASY
- NukeTape® adheres only to itself and begins vulcanization instantly when installed. Without applying any heat, it becomes fully bonded within 24 hours. Only a pocketknife is needed to complete the quick application.
Comes off CLEAN
- NukeTape® can be easily removed, at any time, with the use of a utility knife, and the tape will not leave any residue behind.
- NukeTape® offers all of the advantages above at a price far below heat-shrink products.
- Color - Blue with White Apex Line
- Self-Bonding - No Adhesive or Added Heat Required
- Standard Roll Length - 12 Yards
- Release Liner - 0.003" thick Red Polyester Film
- Cores - 1.25" diameter X 1.125" wide X 0.125" think
- Nominal Tape Dimensions - 1" wide X 40 mil
Typical Tape Characteristics
- Material – Modifeid Silicone Rubber
- Excellent Thermal Resistance – Up to 400° F Continuous Use
- Weather & Ozone Resistant (-60° F to 400° F) • Waterproof – Up to a 48-Hour Immersion
- Arc-Track Resistant
- Qualifeid Voltage – Maximum of 5kV
- Storage Requirements – Store in its own, original packaging, away from excess heat, 70° F +/- 5° F and with less than 50% RH
- LOCA/HELB Simulation
- In addition to these tests, the tape has successfully passed IEEE 383 falme testing, submergence testing in 194° F water for 30 days, and a short time steam test at 400° F. This testing is documented in the UCI Nuclear Qualifciation Test Report, NQR-UCI-003XS
Tape Qualification Summary
The subject electrical tape has completed environmental qualification testing in accordan with the intent of IEEE 383-1974. UCI-003XS is considered qualified for harsh environment applications for both inside and outside containment. Environmental Parameters Include:
- Qualified Life at 178°F for 40 years (Therma Aging of >150° F for 380 hours, Activation Energy of 1.22eV)
- Radiation Exposure Total Integrated Dose of 2.0 x 108 Rads for 5KV splices and a TID of > 1.18 x 108 Rads for All Other Splice Configurations
|Dielectric Strength (Short Time, 0.25” Electrodes)||ASTM D-2148||300 Volts per Mil|
|Tensile Strength||ASTM D-1708 or ASTM D-3759||800 PSI Minimum|
|Elongation||ASTM D-1708 or ASTM D-3759||300% Minimum|
|Water Absorption||MIL A-A-59163A
& Fed. Std. 601, Method 6251
|Bond Strength (Fusion)||ASTM D-2148||Tape shall not unwind more than 2.0”
after 3 minutes with a 600g weight attached